To Washtenaw Home
Find Us  |   Directory   |   Contact Us  

Return to Home Page

Contractor License Registration

In order to apply for permits through Washtenaw County, we must have your license information on file.
Follow the instructions below for how to register with us.


  Before we can issue a permit, your license must be on file with Building Inspection. You must submit to us: a copy of the contractor's license(s) (including master's license for electrical contractors), driver's license, State ACT 135 requirement for builders, and credit card authorization to pay the license processing fee ($15.00 per year of the license validation period).
If you wish to apply for an eConnect User ID as well, click here: Apply for an eConnect User ID.
Once you have your eConnect user id and password, you can then use the eConnect website to apply for permits and pay fees on-line.
  You may fax these items to: 734-222-3930 or mail them to:

Washtenaw County
Bldg Inspection Divison
705 N Zeeb Rd
P.O. Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645
If you need help:
If you have any questions about the registration process or eConnect, please contact our office at 734-222-3900 or e-mail us.